Okay, so I got nominated for another blogger award. The Liebster Award. Which is weird. What is going on in the universe?
I’m talking about having sex with cartoons and being on my period! But you know what; it gives me more satisfaction than anything else in my life. Thank you to the charming Sarah at Two Three Or Not Two Three for nominating me. I truly appreciate it.
And then, before the Liebster Award has even gone cold in it’s grave, I got nominated for another one, the One Lovely Blog Award. This time by the witty Steph over at We Don’t Chew Glass. Which is funny because I nominated her below. Feel the love, bloggers!
And now to the questions!
1. How long have you been blogging?
Since October of last year. So, 5 months? Look at me, I didn’t think anybody would want to read my bizarre shit. Thanks guys!
2. What inspired you to start your blog?
I think I answered this on my last award questionnaire. So I am going to plagiarize myself here:
This is a really long complicated answer. I love to write very much and had been wanting to start a blog for some time. I kept want to do a craft blog because I have a ridiculous amount of crafty hobbies. But then I suddenly decided to start blogging anonymously about some of my problems. In doing so, I realized I also had a lot of funny stories that I wanted people to know too. But I didn’t think it fit with my original blog, so I started this one. I may still do a craft blog in the future. But for right now I like to imagine that I am an archaeologist of my own mind. Excavating and preserving memories right here for what I hope is your amusement.
3. What is your favorite color?
This is going to make me sound so crazy, but I love every color except for neons and pastels. And I have different favorite colors for different things. Clothes, houses, electronic devices. In general though, I guess purple?
4. What is your all time favorite movie?
Yikes. I can’t pick one. I seriously love movies. I would need a top 50 or a top 10 directors. Can I do top 5? Of course I can, this is my blog. These movies pick me up no matter how bad my day was. And I will watch them over and over again.
1. The Philadelphia Story (1940)- Picture this Cary Grant, James Stewart, Katherine Hepburn and directed by George Cukor. It’s amazing!
2. Be Kind, Rewind (2008)- This is one of those movies that I can watch a million times.
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)- If you haven’t seen this, stop reading my blog and go watch it. Now!
4. Stranger Than Fiction (2006)- My favorite Will Ferrell movie. Nothing like anything else he has ever been in.
5. Harold and Maude (1971)- This is the most romantic and lovely movie ever.
5. When do you typically work on your blog?
I work a lot of hours at my job. Most days I come home and write for at least an hour. Some nights I come home and spend the rest of the night reading blogs, commenting, writing. And weekends. I have no life, relationship, or children. My free time is my own.
6. Coffee, tea, or neither?
Up until this past year, I had only had coffee twice. And I hated it. Then I discovered iced mocha lattes. I only have one about once a week because I don’t want to get addicted. But I am a tea fanatic. I have a serious collection. I like hot herbal tea with honey when I don’t feel well. And iced black tea or iced herbal tea (sweetened with honey) any time. It’s pretty much all I drink besides water.
7. Is writing a career or a hobby for you?
I don’t get paid to write, if that’s what you are asking. Though I would love to. I tend to be a bit obsessive and writing has always been one of my biggest ones. I write two blogs, essays, short fiction, fiction novels, poetry, and I am working on a graphic novel with more in mind. I write a lot. I would love for it to be a career someday.
8. What do you love most in this world?
Remember when I said I had a list for everything? I have one for this too. I’ll just do top 5 again:
1. Reading. Anything and everything (except romance, sports or finance). My favorites are sci-fi, horror, anything about diseases and food politics.
2. Writing. See above
3. Eating. I love food. Cooking, baking, grilling. And then eating the results! I am particularly fond of BBQ, salads and smoothies.
4. Music and movies. This could be ten posts so I won’t even go there.
5. Crafting. I have too many hobbies. Which I will eventually share with you here.
6. Okay, I had to sneak in one more. My little sister, J. If you are reading this; I love you more than sleep but less than books. (sleep would be #7).
9. Can you share something that you have learned recently?
I watch a lot of TEDTalks. They are amazing and everyone should watch them. Anyone there is one on Netflix about Life Hacks. And I learned that I have been tying my shoes wrong my whole life. Watch it here. It’s only 3 minutes long. If you are reading my blog, you have 3 minutes.
10. Where is your favorite place to shop online?
I probably shop the most on Amazon (who doesn’t?). But I LOVE Etsy. I could spend my life looking and millions of dollars on that stuff. Also, I sell my crafts on there (shameless plug, sorry).
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Hmm. People touching me without permission? Men telling me to smile? I think I have a lot of them that relate to inequality. Or in general. I try not to let my neuroses affect others, though. My issues are my own. But seriously, don’t touch me.
I am supposed to nominate 11 bloggers with under 500 followers. So, let’s see…
7. A Buick in the Land of Lexus (I can’t figure out how many followers she has, my apologies if it is more than 500)
There were many others I wanted to nominate, but they had too many followers. Not surprisingly. And I am fine with them answering the same questions I did. I’m lazy like that. Go forth bloggers and know that you are appreciated. Or don’t bother participating, you are all still awesome either way.